All the posts in "Uncategorized"
- 85 Apple cider vinegar
- 20 ml Raspberry vinegar
- 770g canned tomatoes (accidentally got one with basil, hah)
- Spice Kit
- 85g brown sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 small Diced Yellow onion
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Allspice Berries
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 peppercorns
Ground spices in mortar and pestle.
Added vinegar and onion to pan, simmered for 5 minutes, added other ingredients and simmered for about an hour. Blended until smooth 1.
- By smooth, I mean as smooth as our awful blender can make something smooth. This ketchup is chunky ↩
March 25, 2017 at 1:54 PM
Pulled this recipe from Sherri Brooks Vinton. “Put ’em Up!.” This was my first time making a “Classic Jam” where you add sugar to the fruit in question and let it macerate overnight. It starts exactly like a shrub does, but you don’t toss in any vinegar.
- 1112g Strawberries
- 270 g sugar
- 57 ml lemon juice
- Chopped up Strawberries, added to a crock-like container, poured the sugar over and mixed by hand. Added a lid and left overnight.
- Next day I put the strawberries and the lemon in the pot and brought to a boil. Processed for about 20 minutes and then poured into a jar.
- Processed jar for about 5 minutes
Might need a little more time on the boil, the jam is somewhat runny. Or it might be amazing, I think I prefer a slightly less-gelled recipe.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- large handful sugar
- 1/2 cup 100° water
- enough flour (I shook the bag in)
- salt (I added this late)
Best one yet – tripled in size w/in 1.5 hour. Added olive oil to a skillet on low and left for a while and flipped. Tasted like sweet rolls and was pretty dense but still fluffy