Used the same brine as the canned Onions, which I got from the Pickled Red Onions recipe in Put ‘em Up!.
- 2 Cups Distilled White vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove, Sliced (per jar)
- A sprig or two of dill weed (per jar)
- 0.2 tablespoons yellow mustard seed (per jar)
- 0.2 tablespoons black peppercorns (per jar)
- 5 bunches of scapes, tops chopped off and roots thoroughly washed
Doubled the recipe to cover both sets of veggies.
Removed tops, added mustard seed, peppercorns, and sliced garlic to the jar. Brought the brine to a boil, poured over the scapes, and processed for 5 minutes.