Used the same brine as the canned Garlic Scapes, which I got from the Pickled Red Onions recipe in Put ‘em Up!.
- 2 Cups Distilled White vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove, Sliced (per jar)
- A sprig or two of dill weed (per jar)
- 0.5 tablespoons yellow mustard seed (per jar)
- 0.5 tablespoons black peppercorns (per jar)
- 3 White Onions
- 3 Red Onions
Doubled the recipe to cover both sets of veggies.
I sliced the onions, added mustard seed, peppercorns, and sliced garlic to the jars; put 2 white 1 red and 2 red and 1 white onion in jars, accordingly. Brought the brine to a boil, poured over the onions, and processed for 5 minutes.
🔙 Been Making